30.3.07

Carpe diem

Lately I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning, and the other night I came across tons of old vacation photos and journal entries spanning back to my early college days. You know I don't consciously think about my age on a daily basis, but after looking over all of my previous escapades I couldn't help but feel the edges of time tearing away. What happened to my outrageous, younger self? Now I feel predictable and bored with my daily routines, granted I have more money now to spend of better-longer vacations, what gets me is that I've somehow lost the wonder and excitement I used to feel (OK. not just wonder and excitement, but massive depression and extremes). So in an effort to tap into my "inner-youth", I've made it my goal to start living and stop using the excuse of being bored.... Goals:
  1. Get the tattoos I've been dreaming about for years (the one's I have now are small...I want big!)
  2. Travel more, like Thailand or Nepal
  3. Buy a motorcycle or Vespa...then of course learn to ride the damn things
  4. Enroll in Grad School...stop procrastinating and do it
  5. Sign up for language classes (Chinese, Italian and Arabic)...then travel to a country that speaks it!
  6. I would love to learn more about holistic health and acupuncture, live my live more "green".
  7. Take dance classes like Hip hop, and African dance...I would also love to learn how to box (we'll see...there's only so much time in a day)