4.4.07

weird dream last night

I had this dream last night that I was traveling through some weird suburb that looked like an mutant mix of Mexico City and St. Paul (yes the two seem to cancel each other out, but hey it's a dream). I was with my parents and we stopped to eat at this little street cafe. The cafe actually looked more like a tin covered shack with only three solid wall and one main open area where they served the food from. Despite the looks of the place, we stopped anyway and had a few bits to eat. I got up to walk around after being drawn away but a curious and good looking stranger, only to face public humiliation at overhearing my Dad yelling and throwing a tantrum at the restaurant-shack owner about the cost of the bill. The poor middle aged woman, with a heavy mustache and thick eyebrows, offered little explanation to my enraged father. Apparently the bill was like $70 for just some nachos and a few beers. Out of embarrassment, I wandered off with the stranger...although in real life I would be yelling at anyone who game me a bill like that over some chips and a drink! I woke up right as the stranger and I were about to kiss as we stood along a chain link fence covered in vines and lilac flowers.